Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ph.D. Study

Just got back from a talk with a faculty candidate from Purdue. Of course, I don't care about if the candidate likes Texas, when she arrived here, how many other places she's interviewed, you know, those kinda plain questions that are used to kill time. In fact, my interested questions includes how she feels about her Ph.D. study, what's the difficulties in the time span of doing research, and how she deals with these stuff.

Those questions also apply to me, and sometimes bother me when I feel confused about the future. What's my vision about my future? That's a question that has been standing right there at the corner and I will sooner or later confront it. I have no confident answer at this time. And I want to know how others see through it.

Anyhow, I feel today's candidate is talktive, but her confidence is low. She said here is the biggest school she's hit. Well, I wonder how well she can do for her presentation.

Let's end this post with a comic about Ph.D. study: the lab food chain.

No comments: