Friday, April 13, 2007

Car Crash


On April 11th, 2007, there was a head-on collision on Highway 6 that killed 2 Korean Aggies. A truck tried to pull into the line in the opposite direction to pass a vehicle in front of it, but ended with colliding with a car with four Korean from that direction. One of the killed Korean students is graduating this year and was returning from Career Fair in Dallas.

It's a tragedy for their families and themselves. After several years of Ph.D. study, they are at the gate to the bright future. But the door shut before they can get in within a split of a second. When the truck driver made a decision to pass, just as a very normal one we could make everyday on road, he never realized he will regret for doing it forever.

There were so many occasions when we made reckless decisions like that but survived luckily. We never realized that death is just a step away and we are blessed not seeing it. Now, I feel it's so close to us, and I even can feel how dreadful it is. I'm a little scared since I remember how my car ran fast on the narrow part of Highway 6 with only two lanes and headlights from the opposite direction were so bright and blinded my eyes. I even can feel my car was trembling when the vehicles in the opposite lane passing me.

It's an unpleasant news. So, let's drive safe anytime.

No comments: